Official Racking Guide Lines & Inspectors
SEMA (the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association) regularly publish technical information in the form of Codes of Practice and Guidelines for the manufacturing, installation and inspection of racking.
Stakapal’s complete range is produced in accordance with the SEMA Quality Assessment Scheme which ensures independent checking of all design procedures and methods.
SEIRS (the Storage Equipment Installers Registration Scheme) is the only national programme for installers which addresses the Health and Safety needs of the industry. All Stakapal installation teams have appropriate SEIRS qualifications and carry a unique SEIRS identity card that Site Managers, Health & Safety Inspectors, Customers and other officials may verify.
REGULAR INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Prevent and minimize the effects of accidents
- Maximise safety in the workplace
- Comply with legislation eg the workplace Health & Safety Welfare Reg’s
LEGAL COMPLIANCE REQUIRES:
- An annual or bi-annual inspection by a technically competent person i.e. the SEMA Approved Rack Inspector (SARI)
The benefits of using a SEMA approved Racking Inspector are :
- Inspectors are trained and assessed to industry standards
- Competent third party inspection of your equipment
- On -going commitment to CPD
- An independent report is provided
- Identification of red, orange and green risks
- Safety recommendations
- Value for money
REMEMBER IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
FOR HELP OR ASSISTANCE FROM STAKAPAL’S SEMA APPROVED RACKING INSPECTOR CALL US NOW ON 01543 278123